Friday, April 9, 2010

Buy local!

Support your farmer and buy local. It helps sustain the economy around you and the food is much more nutritious. I just came across a local market that encompasses several farms. Locavore Market is a great place3 to look. They have pick-up sites at different locations in Greenville. I can avoid a delivery charge and driving out to a farm. They offer free-range eggs for $3.25/dozen. This is pretty comparable to what I find in the grocery store. Across the various farms, there are so many kinds of produce to choose from. Among other crops, Bowie Woods garden (an affiliate) is growing radishes. I love some radishes! Also, the farmer's market is about to open for the season. I can't wait to get out there very soon. Bring on the peaches, corn, apples, blueberries and strawberries. I will be freezing some serious produce to enjoy for next winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment