Monday, December 17, 2012

Looking Glass Falls

When I woke up on Saturday, I needed an adventure.  I quickly decided to check out a local waterfall.  A little online searching led me to Looking Glass Falls.  This is an 85-foot waterfall in Brevard (Transylvania County).  Transylvania County has 250 falls and is known as the Land of Waterfalls.  This waterfall was busy with visitors that day.  You can view it from the road or go down the steps to the viewing deck.  For a better look, you can go around the deck.  The rocks are slippery (be careful).  You can park along the guardrail on that side of the road.  The roads are pretty curvy, so take your time and enjoy the view.  I am ready to check out even more falls...stay tuned for my list.  And now, some breathtaking photos. 

 

Imagine how high the rocks above are (85 foot falls)
 

Love mountain water...so pure and pretty
 

Did some climbing to get this one
 

Ahhh.... :)

 


No comments:

Post a Comment