Monday, April 13, 2015

Mission Serve: Viral (2014)

Mission Serve 2014 was in Savannah.  It was a beautiful city.  As you can imagine, summer in the deep south is very hot.  As much as I miss Greenville, this confirmed that I'm never moving back.  I've gotten too used to the mountain air.  We stayed in Ardsley Park Baptist Church.  The building wasn't ideal for a crowd this size, but we made it work.  I had a fantastic squad.  They were young, but very hardworking.  We had wonderful leadership.  It was a HOT week (did I mention that?), but roofing went well.  We also got done early.  This allowed us to take a trip to Tybee Island.  It was incredibly cool and refreshing in the water.  I also didn't realize how much I had missed the beach.  Earlier in the week, we were able to tour Savannah on our evening off.  We took a boat ride, enjoyed the stores and had dinner at Sweet Potatoes (featured on Man Vs. Food).  Here are some shots from an unforgettable week. 




No comments:

Post a Comment