Friday, April 26, 2013

Thursday Night Shenanigans

Last night, I made a spontaneous trip to Transylvania County.  I made a second trip to Looking Glass Falls, an 80-foot waterfall in Pisgah National Forest.  Looking Glass is beautiful and I highly recommend it.  If you're heading there from Waynesville, you'll see the Pink Beds picnic area on your left before the falls.  Except when they're closed for the winter, Pink Beds has bathrooms (for future reference).  The picnic area/trails don't close, just the restrooms.  Another place, which I hope to visit, is the Sliding Rock recreation area.  In the summer, it is staffed with lifeguards.  It costs $1 to get in.  It was windy, so the spray was going pretty far.  I stopped along the Blue Ridge Parkway on my way back.  You can see Cold Mountain from there.  Enjoy the pictures and see why they're called the Blue Ridge Mountains.  Be sure to scroll all the way down.  There's a video of the falls.      
 
 


 
 
 






 

No comments:

Post a Comment