Saturday, April 12, 2014

The Assault on Black Rock IV



Both photos are credited to the Assault on Black Rock and its organizers.  Enjoy!


The Assault on Black Rock is a strenuous trail race in Sylva, NC.  It benefits a local organization called the community table.  This year's race raised well over $2000 and had around 1000 competitors.  I walked most of the way up, as it has a lot of elevation gain and is true butt-kicker.  It's also pretty rocky in places, so it wasn't always practical to run.  I ran more on the way down, but had to do so carefully, so as not to fly forward.  I packed Reese's cups for quick energy...yum! The race has 2770 feet of gain and is approximately seven miles.  It took me 3 hours and 30 seconds (it takes me far less time to run a half-marathon).  Although insanely difficult, I like the challenge and will probably compete again.

No comments:

Post a Comment