Monday, April 13, 2015

Bringing Home Agape

In winter 2014, I began volunteering at Feline Urgent Rescue of WNC.  I didn't think I should adopt another cat, as I live in a small home.  I also didn't think my building owner would allow it.  In June, I fell in love with this boy.  He sat in my lap and that was the end of it.  It wasn't long before I knew we needed each other.  I got up the nerve to ask permission and brought this boy home in late July.  He is extra special.  You see, his ''owners'' abandoned him, starving and flea-bitten at the county shelter.  He was rescued by FUR of WNC.  He's about 7.  He has a bad hip, which sticks out.  Thankfully, it only bothers him when pressed.  I try very hard not to bother that place.  He also has a bump on one of his bones, which may indicate a previous break.  In spite of all this, he is an incredibly loving boy.  That's why a rescue volunteer named him Agape.  He is a lap kitty and he'll accept any lap.  He is a bottomless pit.  This may be because he'll never forget going hungry.  Little man, you will always have love and food in my house.  Check out the pictures.  I think he's filled out a bit.   
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment