Monday, July 9, 2012

Beach Trips

We took our traditional beach trip for Memorial Day.  Our days were spent with the Pope's and the Watkins' enjoying Atlantic Beach.  The first day was very windy and we spent part of it at the house.  We relaxed without having sand blow everywhere.  We were feeling some effects from Tropical Storm Beryl.  The next day was much better and we had a great time.  I left a day early so that I could visit little Anderson in Raleigh. 

At the end of June, my family took their annual beach trip with some friends.  I joined them for a few days (Monday evening-Friday afternoon).  Brittany and Anderson went down, too.  I got lots of time with my little fella.  We enjoyed some meals out and a few desserts from the Dairy Queen.  Anderson had the child's clam strips...kidding.  His mommy ordered it and enjoyed it on his behalf.  I had a soft shell crab sandwich (the only sandwich I've ever eaten with legs) and a shrimp burger (a pile of shrimp on buns).  We made two trips to that restaurant, the Crab Shack.  We took Anderson out to the beach for some pictures...too cute! One day, I slept past 9! As I was on an 8-5 schedule for some time, my body doesn't know much about sleeping in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment