Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Happy Halloween!!

I started celebrating on Saturday night.  A local museum, the Shelton House, was hosting Ghosts and Goblets.  Shelton House houses the Museum of North Carolina Handicrafts.  We split into groups and visited three rooms.  Each room had a host who told a story.  We also had refreshments in the barn (nice building, actually), which I expect for 10 bucks.  ;) They had stories and a campfire for the kids.  I spent some time by the fire and torched a few marshmallows. 

On Halloween night, I participated in the fall carnival at church.  I've been visiting FBC Waynesville, which is downtown.  The Waynesville Downtown Association gets in the spirit on Halloween as well, which the church tags onto.  Kids can visit the downtown merchants for candy.  The church holds their event during the same hours, which is a neat way to reach out to a lot of families.  They have a pretty good relationship with the WDA.  Bonus: the church was getting rid of the pumpkins.  I took one home and it is a fab fall decoration to have by the front door. 

The Shelton House
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment