Tuesday, November 6, 2012

My Playground

The Town of Waynesville sponsored a hike on Saturday, November 3.  The hike started shortly after 9 and we were back a little before two.  We stopped for lunch before turning around.  The difficulty level was moderate, though it had plenty of uphill.  Other than the twice-yearly hikes, the town's watershed if off-limits to the public.  The watershed covers 8600 acres.  The water in Haywood County only comes within the county, so it's particularly important to keep it clean.  We split into two groups.  One group was more leisurely and planned to stop more to look at birds, etc.  Ours was the hard-core group.  I've been ready to explore these parts since I interviewed for the job.  There is a Saturday hiking group that I can't wait to get plugged into.  I found out about it through this event, so I'm really glad that I went.  This is my playground.  :)      







2 comments:

  1. It looks like you are settling in quite nicely! These pictures make me miss that area so much! We miss you here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I miss everyone, too! It is beautiful here.

      Delete