Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Emerald City Half-Marathon


(Picture taken by Tim Garris)
My next big shebang was running in the Emerald City Half-Marathon. It took place right here in Greenville. Greenville, Emerald City, get it? After a few miles, I felt like I was in a pretty good groove. Part of it was on the greenway. We would've spent more time there, but Hurricane Irene took care of that. I could really tell, when viewing my results, that speedwork (AKA torture) had paid off. I had friends running it, some of them bit crazy (two half-marathons in one weekend). I happened upon our mayor while running (was a college professor of mine). The weather was perfect and I couldn't have asked for a better experience. In case you're wondering, my time was 2:20:58, whch is a 10:45/mile pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment