Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Road Trip to Fuge :)

When I learned that my home church would be nearby, I knew this called for a little trip.  They are at North Greenville University this week for Centrifuge (only the most awesome youth camp ever!).  I went to Fuge for years at Carson-Newman College (now University).  Loved it! NGU is only a little over an hour from here.  I had the blessing of joining the Bethlehem Baptist youth for worship and youth group time.  The message was from Genesis 2.  While discussing Adam and Eve's sin, Pastor Matt kept going back to ''but God pursued them.''  Yes, they sinned, got kicked out of the garden and continued to have consequences.  But God kept going after them.  Matt also talked about how God is not like people in these bad relationships we may have.  He's not like the guy who doesn't treat you right or the parent that is abusive.  Adam was naked and felt shame, so God provided clothes. 

I'd like to thank them for indulging me with a group picture.  Youth group time was worth the trip over.  It was hysterical...and wonderful.  Michael chose several students, one at a time, to sit on a chair in the middle of the room.  The students and adults encouraged that person. 

It is always good for the heart to visit with the folks from ''back home.''  Bethlehem: see you again soon! I'm coming to visit at Mission Serve! Knoxville is just under two hours away.  I will miss being a participant this year, but look forward to fellowshipping with the group.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment