Monday, November 9, 2015

Tobacco Road Marathon

This marathon closed out eight months of training.  I trained for four months, ran the Outer Banks Marathon and then trained four months for Tobacco Road.  That meant running on plenty of cold winter mornings.  I've decided that I prefer summer training.  In the mountains, summers are easier to run in.  All that said, I don't regret doing this for a minute.

I'd run several half-marathons at this location and enjoyed them.  I had some friends doing the marathon and jumped on the band wagon.  The start was cold, but I was happy to find my friends before we began.  I was running a slower pace, but this course gives several chances to see your people.  It has two turnaround points on this (mostly) trail race.  The trail is both asphalt and dirt.  It's well-maintained all around.

It's been a while since this one, but I remember it as a great day.  The weather was wonderful and there was good food on and after the course.  One of the course tables had tons of snacks.  All the salt and sugar you could want.  I wasn't in much pain.

If it wasn't for eight months of training, I'd do it all over again next spring.  :)




No comments:

Post a Comment