Sunday, July 14, 2013

Art After Dark

Art After Dark is an event in Downtown Waynesville on the first Friday of each month.  It's held May through November.  This month was my first time checking it out.  The art galleries stay open later.  It definitely draws a crowd.  There was also live music in a few spots.  I loved seeing artwork that featured waterfalls.  It made me curious about the names of the falls and their locations.  I'd love to visit more of them.  I also enjoyed the pictures of the elk, which I've been fortunate to see in person.  One of the galleries is an artist's co-op.  A guy from my church was selling his work there.  I visited Gallery 86 as well, which is our local arts council space.  One of the artists is an ECU grad.  I look forward to going back and checking out more galleries. 


A sculpture made from recycled materials
 

No comments:

Post a Comment