Sunday, July 14, 2013

Tennessee Day Trip- Mission Serve!

I made a quick trip to Tennessee to visit the Bethlehem Mission Serve group.  I had planned to go this year, but got a new job.  I look forward to making the trip next year.  I was excited that BBC would be nearby, so I went on the first night.  Knoxville is only about an an hour and 40 minutes away.  They are staying at Central Baptist, Fountain City.  They have a small, but really good group.  I never worry about BBC, which has a reputation for working really hard.  I joined them for dinner, worship and a little hang-out time.  Some of the youth (Bailey and Wyatt ;) tried to con me into getting them dinner at a restaurant (I picked up dinner, since I wasn't a participant). 

I knew that a group from Mission Serve Wetumpka would be there.  When one of them approached me, I knew who he was (since I'd expected to see him), but didn't really recognize him (teenagers have a way of changing).  His dad was also there and it was great to talk to him.  In Wetumpka, we had two crews working together, so I got to work with both of those guys.  Glad to see you both, Aaron and Steve!   

The first worship service focused on the theme: denial.  The speaker preached about how Peter denied Jesus.  If we don't share, as we're called to do, then we're denying Christ.  We don't have to openly denounce him to make it denial.  Also, our calling as Christians isn't just to go to heaven.  If that were the case, we'd go to Heaven right away.  Before worship ended, each youth group had some time together.  Group members shared things such as: making a positive impact on anyone they come into contact with and focusing more on ministry (less on just getting the job done). 

If any of the youth group reads this, drink LOTS of water and PLEASE wear sunscreen.  Love y'all!


Getting set up
 

And they're letting her work on a house?
 

I can always count on Clayton
 

Managed to get ''smiles'' from the other two
 

Bailey, who once spilled paint on me
 

First worship service
 

Band

Group shot (adult leaders had left the room)

No comments:

Post a Comment