Friday, December 7, 2012

Skiing at Cataloochee

Cataloochee Ski Area is in Maggie Valley, NC.  On Sunday, they teamed up with Haywood Christian Ministries to offer a GREAT deal.  By bringing a coat or 10 canned goods, you got a FREE lift ticket.  Even with the donation and my rentals, I skiied more cheaply on a weekend than on a weekday.  Only one intermediate slope was open (two slopes that ran together), but it entertained me for hours.  I had the most fantastic time.  I'm planning to get a season's pass and rent equipment for the season.  As you can see, I wore a helmet...just for the sake of safety.  All those years of skiing with the church group actually paid off.  Oddly enough, Cataloochee requires seasonal rentals to take place much earlier in the year.  Thankfully, they referred me to a store in Asheville (pretty reasonably priced).  P.S.- No, I didn't skip church.  I went to the early service! ;)   
 
 
Waiting to get back on the lift
 

A view of an intermediate slope

No comments:

Post a Comment