Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Thanksgiving Fun

Thursday
My day started with a run.  I've done a turkey trot the past few years, but this time, I took the free approach.  My new shoes and I headed out for their first run (Asics GT-2170, for your curious runners).  I watched some of the parade and even bought little man's Christmas gift online.  The afternoon brought our big family meal at Memaw's house.  My brother and cousin did their typical leaf raking (my grandparents have a yard full)...and I helped...a little.  ;) If you're curious about dessert, it was awesome! You'll just have to join us sometime and try it out.  I had some pineapple cake (my late Uncle Haywood's favorite) and some cake with chocolate icing (my late Aunt Lola's recipe).  The sugar in the icing crunches...and we love it!  
 
Friday
I got an early start and headed to the football game with Marc and Shelley.  They had an extra ticket, so I sat with them instead (better seat!).  On the way, we stopped at a few stores in Smithfield.  They wanted to get a birthday gift for one of our tailgating pals.  When we got in town, we also stopped at UBE.  I picked up a gift on my mom's behalf and visited Tony, one of my Greenville running pals.  We ate with Curtis and Patricia at the alumni tailgate.  I enjoyed seeing familiar faces from church and ECU.  Dickey's catered the taigate and it was a big spread....totally yummy.  It was a crazy, double OT victory. 

 
 
The Marching Pirates

Purple haze...running out of Skully's mouth

Pee Dee and his pirate pal

TOUCHDOWN!

Celebrating a TD

Pee Dee doing his post-TD pushups

 

Whoo!
 
 
VICTORY!!!


Saturday
On Saturday, I had the chance to hang out with my sister and little man.  Brittany was about to head out, so I kept Anderson for a bit.  We read (mostly looked at) books.  At this age, Anderson is more interested in holding a book and trying to gnaw on it.  Little man is teething, so he gums on a lot of stuff and drools like crazy.  He acted a bit fussy, but he calmed down on the changing table (being on his back means he can reach his feet...favorite toy).  He also enjoyed looking at himself in his mirrored closet door.  Anderson also loves his exersaucer.  It has a musical chameleon.  This is why I now randomly sing red, yellow, I'm blue....  I had a fantastic time hanging out with my sister and little man. 

I love my exersaucer

I have lots of hair

Fun with Aunt Megan

All smiles!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment