Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Camp Don Lee

The weekend after the UNC game, some TRU staff and I took some youth to Camp Don Lee. TRU stands for Tobacco.Reality.Unfiltered. It is the statewide teen tobacco prevention movement. At the last minute, shirts came in and one of our speakers pulled through. The kids had trainings to attend, but were also able to participate in camp activities. We also had a bonfire and s'mores on the last night. I fell out of my chair at breakfast one morning, but that's another stoy. I got the chance to canoe, which is always fun. I roomed with Nikki, Lauren and one of my former TRU members (college student). Needless to say, I definitely took some time off after returning. It was worth it, but someone else can be in charge next time! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment