Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Monster Dash 8k




On Sunday the 30th, I ran in the first annual Greenville Monster Dash 8k. As you can see, I went as Bat Girl. There were a lot of great costumes: Luigi, Waldo (where's Waldo), a turkey, ice cream sundaes. I was amazed at the creativity. I even had someone to come out there and watch me. Thanks to Tim Garris for taking one of the above pictures. He sat just past the start and got shots of several of us GoRunners. It was great to see some others from the group out there. The post-race food was pretty good. I tried some BBQ and a roll from Texas Roadhouse. Coldstone had ice cream, but I had already gotten my sweet fix by that point. It was a great race and I was pleased with my time: 51:18. That's an average pace of 10:20. All of that torture called speedwork is paying off.

No comments:

Post a Comment